EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, October 28, 2005

Like it?

Yaaah! A new format and a new name. I think I like it. Ganked the name from an Andrew Peterson song, which ganked it from The Lord of the Rings. Ganked the quote from Terry York, hymn writer extraordinare and beloved professor at Truett Seminary. (Actually, I came up with the synonomous part.) Two special people and a very special book for Janalee. I think it might grow on me.

Next week is crazy because there is a project due for every class, but we are starting this 30-day prayer experiment at my church. It's called Surprise me God! Should be interesting. You can read more about it here www.surprisemegod.com We are supposed to blog about our experiences, so I am going to do my best to keep up.

And welcome to all of you folks from my beloved UBC. Sorry I've never been very public about my blog. I hope you enjoy it. I sure do enjoy knowing all of you. You are my church crush. Of all the communities of faith in the world, I love you the most. You are the cutest, funniest, and coolest church I know, and sometimes you even make me a little giddy. That's why I'm always so excited when I get to see you on Sunday mornings. It's why I still walk into the doors sometimes, feeling like a little jr. high girl. Way to silly and way too akward and too weird for my amazing crush. Come to think of it, while you are still my crush, over the past couple of years, I think I've pretty much fallen in love. Yes, you frustrate me sometimes, but when I am away from you for too long, my heart seriously aches. Sometimes I cut vacations and holidays short just so I can get back to you. I get really upset at the thought that I might have to leave you in the coming months. Graduation feels more like the enemy than the friend right now, because it might be the thing that parts me from you. Well, now you know how sappy I can be, but I know you'll still love me, and that fact makes me smile.

Are you blushing yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

like the new name!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home