EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, September 09, 2005

Devastation for Mississippi's Mecca












This is a picture of Gulfshore Baptist Assembly in Pass Christian, MS where I attended camp in the summer or '95 and worked as a staffer in 2000. It's the major retreat center for Mississippi Baptist and we used to call it Mecca. The Auditorium (not pictured) is basically destroyed. I heard that everything on Henderson's Point is gone, so it's kind of amazing that this much of the building is still there. It' s pretty sad. There are lots of sweet little Mississippi Baptist who look forward to coming here each summer. There are also lots of fine folks who worked there too. I'm hoping they are all okay. Thanks to my friend Soccer Stacey for the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home