EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Collision is Here!

It's an exciting week in the life of our church. The David Crowder* Band's latest CD, A Collision (or 3 +4=7), was released Tuesday, and the CD release party was at our church on Monday night. Seriously, I think this CD is freaking awesome. I don't want to over-hype it for you, but I really think that you will enjoy it. The words and the music are powerful. Track 15 is a rock opera that makes me want to jump into a huge mosh pit of praise. I've never felt that before. It's pretty cool. There is also a song with whistling and a keytar (that keyboard guitar thing from back in the day) that makes me want to be in an 80's teenie movie. There is a song we've been singing in church for a few months now, called "Rescue is Coming". I don't think I've ever heard a song with so much hope. It's real. It might make you cry. Then, of course, there is "the hoe down" cover of "I Saw the Light", and it's just a ball of knee- slappin', foot-tappin' fun. Really you've just got to buy this CD.

I know it's sounds like I'm shamelessly advertising for the band, but these songs are really a part of my life. We sing them in our church almost every Sunday, and so for me, they've become a sort of liturgy. I feel this music deeply. Sometimes I wonder if it just that amazing, worshipful, and experiential, or if my ties to the community from which that music is born stir something in me in a way that other music cannot. That's why I'm so pumped about this CD.

P.S. A Collision is number three on itunes top albums. Can you believe that? It's so exciting!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger lynnette said...

"these songs are really a part of my life. We sing them in our church almost every Sunday, and so for me, they've become a sort of liturgy. I feel this music deeply. Sometimes I wonder if it just that amazing, worshipful, and experiential, or if my ties to the community from which that music is born stir something in me in a way that other music cannot."

yes...there is something unique about the way your/my ties to the community affect the way we hear the music. it feels so strange for the dcb's new cd to NOT be a part of my liturgy. i miss that. and so just this week, i heard these songs for the first time. it feels different, but familiar. listening to the cd made me feel...at home.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home