EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Last Sunday

Yesterday, my friend Christy randomly posted a blog about this beautiful little church she and her husband always pass on their way to A&M, and it just so happens that I got to preach at the very same St. Paul's in Marlin last weekend. It's the most picturesque place I've ever been to in Texas. I loved being there. The people were so sweet. Most were over 70 and they grew up in this church and heard sermons in German until the 50's. The whole experience was just too precious for words- the people, the liturgy, the weather, and the quaintness of it all. I've been in lots of little country churches, but I've never enjoyed worshipping in one as much as I did at St. Paul's. (Thanks to Craig for recommending me). If you ever want to experience something different on a Sunday morning, I highly recommend it. (It's about 30 minutes west of Waco on highway 6) Here are some more pics for you to enjoy.




I was told this was the "best kept cemetery in Texas". I believe it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to this church two weeks ago b/c i heard it was so cute(from Craig b/c he too got to share in sunday morning activities recently)

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures ... Glad you enjoyed it. See ya' next weekend...

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got to preach there last sunday and had about the same experience you did. i'm going back this sunday. can't wait.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Janalee said...

I'm so glad. I gave them you number and told them they would love you. Have fun!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Nice work.
Help me with my adsense, go to my profile and click on my ads.
Please, please, please. Thank you.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home