EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, July 28, 2006

Just Enough for the City

I really want to write tonight, but I just don't have much to say. I guess I could tell you about some random things going on.

I applied for an event planning job with a non-profit here in Dallas this week. I really hope it works out.

My friend Misty took me to a great Latin restaurant last night, and they have the most amazing cakes you've ever had. If anyone wants to come to Dallas, I'll take you there, but it's really posh and romantic, so just be warned.

Last week, I went to a worship service where we started off with an African welcoming song, and then a jazz band played "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder. It was one of the coolest things ever.

My friend Craig Nash has had not one but TWO articles published on Relevant in the past week. He is a rockstar of a writer. We have always known this and now the rest of the world gets to experience it.

I've had lots of visits from my Waco peeps over the last week. It was extremely fun. If you haven't been to Dallas to see me yet, shame on you! Get here as fast as you can because this place is fun and I am a fabulous hostess.

I got my haircut at an Aveda salon in Mockingbird Station right across from Urban Outfitters. It was my treat for the month. I love it, and my new stylist is incredibly hip! Her name is Sybel. How fabulous is that?

Good things are happening at Journey. My mentoring is over in about a week and a half. It's kind of sad, but I'm going to hang around. You guys and gals are too fun to leave! (And there nobody in Waco has found me a job or a man there yet, so it indeed looks like I am staying put.) We are starting a series on Radical Contentment and generosity. I'm preaching on generosity next week. It should be fun. Living more simply seems to be a big part of where I feel God leading now. I'm really interested to see what's going to happen.

That's all for now. Peace out. Let it flow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

j-lee in the city: if you are learning about simplicity and being challenged with that...let's talk...i am as well and i am wondering what that looks like for me in my life.....also. i am working on plans for peeps to come see you on sunday! can't wait!!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janalee,
Hey I am with Amanda and don't alot of news. Our dayghter, Taylor, started first grade and David will be starting Blue Mountain this month. But If you are ever in the area or Mississippi I would love to meet you for lunch or something. I would really like to see you. It seems like you're doing good and I am so glad. Anyway I was thinking about you and goggled your name. Have a week! dhaynes3@bellsouth.net
april haynes

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home