EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, June 12, 2006

Today

It's been a sad day for me to be alone in the city, away from so many people I love. Today is my sister's birthday, and I'm not there. I cannot tell you the last time I was there for one of her birthdays, but tonight my mother was fixing ozark pudding for her. This is a favorite dessert of my family, which is tricky to make and incredibly fattening, so my mom hasn't made it in years, and it's 35 for the sister. That seems like a big one.

Jennilyn and Kyle shared a birthday, so everyone back in Waco is on my mind today as well.

Josh is in Calcutta for the next few days spending time at Mother Teressa's house of the dying. How hard. I can barely imagine what it must be like for him to be there. I've always imagined it as one of the most compassionate and sad places on earth.

I tried to make the most of the day though. I drove to the supermarket in Josh's Xterra and listened to Cademon's "Mother India" and cried and prayed for a little while. I bought cupcakes for women's group tonight in honor of Jenni and Kyle. Jen Wilson, former UBC all-star and charter Journey girl, stuck around and we told Ubc stories. It was a good ending to a bittersweet day.

1 Comments:

Blogger tiff said...

hey janalee-
it was really good to see you on sunday for a little while. sorry you had a sad day yesterday. if i could make you ozark pudding and drive to dallas to eat it with you i would.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home