EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I know. I've been away for awhile. There were so many things I wanted to write about, and I just knew that being at home in sleepy Mississippi would allow me the time to do so.

Well, not so much.

The past nine days have been incredibly hectic. Both my uncle and my Maw Maw spent Christmas in the hospital. I am pretty sure he's going to be alright, but we are pretty sure she has cancer. I think I told her goodbye for the last time tonight. I should be thankful for the opportunity to do that. We didn't have it with my Dad nor with Kyle or even my Granddaddy. That sucked in so many ways, but saying goodbye tonight was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, probably the hardest. She loves me more than anyone, and it is going to be really hard to loose her. Coming back to Waco is going to suck, and I didn't think anything could make me say that right now.

I could have made time to tell you earlier, but I'm so tired of giving you bad news. Part of me didn't want to say anything, but I am no rock. This I have learned. Thank God that I do have a Rock to stand on and some incredible people to hold my hands when things get crazy.

Please pray for Maw Maw Ottis (pronounced Aahh-tis as opposed to Oh-tis) and all of us Shadburns. (In case you were wondering, it was my grandfather on the other side who passed away at Thanksgiving). Thanks so much to all of you who have been there for me during the past few months. It means more than I can say.

Love,

Janalee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only do i have the longest name on your "travelers" list, i also have a nickname. i feel so cool.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home