EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm off to the funeral. I won't be back until Saturday, but hopefully I'll be able to post something before then. Thanks for the kind words and gestures. You all are wonderful.

I haven't cried much. I think in a lot of ways, I am grieved out, but my mom says that's okay. Out of all the deaths that I have had to face over the past few years, this one is the easiest to bear simply because of the long and blessed life my granddaddy lived. I just know it will be hard on my grandmother, who feels lost because she has been his wife for 64 years and they "courted" for eight years prior to that. Pray for her, and pray that I will somehow be able to finish all the work I am already behind on as well as my exams.

Love to you-
Janalee

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Experiencing grief is like being involved in a boxing match. Some blows just glance you on the chin, they still hurt....but you could see the glove coming. Then there are the kidney shots, and blows in the side and gut, that leave you breathless and confused and gasping for air. When my mom died it was a combo...one to the face and one to the gut....she had been sick for a very long time. I grieved deeply. Kyle, though, was like meeting Mike Tyson in a dark alley.....gut shots and low blows and my ear half missing.....it hurt so much.....maybe more than my mom. All that to say.....I think I understand what you're going through. Much Love - Michael

4:13 PM  
Blogger Vernon Bowen said...

I'm sorry to read about your grandfather - I've been there ... twice. May you find comfort and hope even in all the melancholy that must be hanging over the family. Your friends will be here when you get back to Waco.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey its Amber. i am not working during finals and if you need some help or just some one to chat with call me.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home