EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, November 21, 2005

Back to my Roots

I thought it was time for a fun and thoughtless post. So, here you go. Every few months, I rediscover CMT. Today was that day, and what good timing it was. Tonight, I was mesmerized by a reality show about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Talk about some drama. Whew! It was intense. Worse than a beauty pageant. Cheerleading try-outs always made me want to throw up, and I wanted to throw up for some of those girls tonight. Now I am watching a special about Garth Brooks' exclusive Wal-Mart box collection. Santa, if you're listening, I've been a good girl, and I think I deserve a little Garth. Take that back, a lot of GARTH! There's a sweet tribute to Chris LeDeux, an awesome and sorely missed cowboy, as well as a cover of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Fishin' in the Dark." Have I ever told you that is one of my absolute favorite country songs of all time? Well, it is. I love the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I guess this sudden reconnection to all things country may in fact be due to the fact that I'M GOING TO MISSISSIPPI IN THE MORNING! I haven't been there since May, and I miss my family, and the multi-colored foliage, and even the way it smells. I'll never live there again, but whenever I go back there are certain things from my past that I forgot I love so much. Now, if you'll excuse me, The Dukes are on now.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

My father in law is a pastor, he's from Chatanooga TN, he is now north of Pittsburgh, PA. He always tells the story of once saying to God... "I'll go anywhere except Pittsburgh" thinking that was the one part of the country that was kinda dirty and just had nothing attractive. Soon he was living in pittsburgh and has now been here for 11 years! Just a funny way of saying never say you'll never live in Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen that Garth special twice now... i have his first box set.. should i get the next? hmm... hope your break has been amazing!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home