EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Something funny...kind of

Due to all the stress of this past week, the school work I am behind on, and the busiest time of year for my job, I have developed a nervous tic. I twitch. I think it started in the middle of the week last week. I said something about it to Josh on Sunday, but today in Hebrew I probably did it about 10 times. Sometimes my head twitches. Sometimes just my arm. Sometimes it's my whole upperbody. Tonight in college ministry class, my leg even twitched once. I know it's just a product of stress and my body's weird way of dealing with it, but it's annoying, and kind of funny at the same time. Everyone who I tell about it kind of chuckles. Especially Ubcers. Suprising? Well, maybe not if you really knew us. I'm going to the doctor on Thursday. Until then, don't be alarmed if my body moves in unnatural ways when you see me. Sounds a little like a Seinfeld episode doesn't it? I hope Craig, Kyle's close friend and the biggest Seinfelf fan ever, will laugh when I tell him. That might actually make my uncanny medical problem worthwhile.

5 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Kyle would appreciate it if you "accidently" blurted out the f-bomb every time a professor mentioned the word "pericope" or "eschatology."

11:26 AM  
Blogger lynnette said...

janalee...it is good to hear you say funny things. know that i am thinking about you and the ubc crew.

and i'm with craig. i think you SHOULD try dropping the f-bomb in class.

:)

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall if you do drop the F-bomb in class!
-Stacey

4:23 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

F bomb or no F bomb.....just know that you wouldn't be the first. Love ya.....

6:33 PM  
Blogger Janalee said...

It's good to hear Craig say funny things too. Last night at Truett he walked up to me, handed me a Paul Powell book, and said, "You know it's been a hard week, and this is what has gotten me through." I wanted to roll in the floor. It's like grief can make you even funnier. I could also say the same of Drew Triplett, who had us all in stitches last week at Tom and Craig's place. Weird.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home