EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, October 11, 2004

Back Again

Well, I'm home again, if I can call Waco home. Catalyst was an overall good experience. Now I'm about to have an anxiety attack due to the mountain of school work I'm trying to catch up on, and the mounting financial difficulties I am experiencing. Still no job. I'm going home to Mississippi for fall break on Friday, and it's not likely that I'll find one between now and then.

So what did I take from catalyst? The biggest thing was that I need to be more concerned about what God is doing in me, than with all the big things I want to do for him. Studying spirituality and how we relate to God in the realm of academia is not the same as actually relating to God and focusing your life on your spiritual needs. I've struggled with this in seminary, and spiritually there's a lot I've neglected. It's thrown lots of stuff out of wack, I'm sure. That's probably the reason my past few posts sound so depressing.

I'm praying for something really good to happen, both circumstantially, spiritually, and with my attitude towards life in general. I don't know about you, but really depressed and whinny Janalee is starting to get on my nerves. If you want to know or remember the happier and more optimistic me, take a gander in my archives back to May. Life was good then. I know there are good things about it now too. I'm just having problems seeing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home