EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Like a Grandma

Happy Grandparents Day! I hope you are all doing well, if anyone is actually reading this. Tonight we had a lovefeast at my church. Lovefeast is a cool name for a potluck. It was also a term the early church used to describe a meal that was shared within their community. Looks like I am learning a little something along the way at this seminary place.

Anyways, it was a special Luby's Lovefeast in honor of Grandparents Day. We had good old home cooking, and then we played BINGO. Yes, bingo. I made cornbread, and I baked a ham. Someone commented that I was acting like an old lady, and I said, "Well, at this church, I am one of the old ladies." I hung out with lots of fun 19-year olds tonight. It was great. They liked my accent. The tables were decorated with glasses of purposefully tacky flowers with fake dentures in the bottom. There were denture cleaning tablets laying all over the place. I grabbed a few on my way out. I'm sure I was the only person in the joint who could actually use them.

Well, it's 9:30, and I'm seriously considering taking a bath and going to bed. Yep, you can just call me grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home