EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Sweet Tea Mishap

So, I've tried to post some this week, but everything I've written sounds so depressing. I've just been going through the social slump of getting back into the swing of things and relationships here in Waco. It's seems that we are all busier as second year students and we don't see each other that much. I'm also spending time getting to know new students and making friends at church which has been really cool. I always find myself within this dynamic tension of getting to know people and nurturing the relationships I already have. I'm not so sure I'm good at balancing the two.

I really don't have a lot to say. I think I have a job with an after school program two days a week. It pays well, but I don't get many hours. We'll see how that goes.

I do have one funny story to share with you. Last night I went to the Truett picnic and afterwards Kelly and I hung out with some Truett students. We were sitting at my new friend Will's house, and being the wonderful southern gentleman he is, he made sweet tea for us. I was sitting on the couch with my glass between my legs. My phone was sitting on my left leg. When I moved my leg, the phone fell in the tea. I spent most of my Saturday in Cingular getting a new phone. If you're a cell phone, and you have to drown in something, at least my little sony ericson passed in the housewine of the south.

Yes, I have started drinking sweet tea. Go figure. I grew up in Mississippi, and I never liked the stuff until I moved to Texas and there's a shortage of it. Then, my phone meets its tragic end in a glass of it. Maybe that's a bad oman. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.