EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Happiness and Weariness in Philly, PA

It's strange coming back to a place with so many happy memories and being so tired that you can barely enjoy it. That's the way I felt today when I drove onto the campus of Eastern University. I worked here in the summer of 2001, and it was one of the most amazing times of my life. It was the first time I ever left Mississippi for an extended period of time. I was stretched beyond what I bargained for. (Much like the summer of camp I'm in the middle of now.) Philly is a great city, and I'm excited about visiting the ministry sites in the morning. I would love to reminisce more about Philly Fuge 2001, but I'm simply spent. I feel I have no emotional, physical or spiritual energy. We've been on the road for two days straight, and needless to say there been no alone time for me and God. There are no excuses for that other than when I open my Bible or start to pray I fall asleep or someone interrupts. There is no convenient time for prayer or scriptures, but I desperately need and desire it. God grant energy to your servant. Let me lean on the power and love found in your arms. Help me seize moments to be with you to listen to you and to adore you. (Sorry no energy for punctuation. Yes if i have time to write this now, I should be using it to be with God instead. Thanks for the reminder.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home