EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

A Big Step

Tonight, I made a huge break through. I went to UBC Bible Study on David Crowder's front porch. I thought about it for a whole hour, and then I decided that I'd just bite the bullet and go for it. I went, all by myself, and I'm glad I did. We got into small groups and talked about movies, then we looked at 1 Peter 2. It was fun, and the people there are very real. I like them. Making friends won't be difficult. I'm sad I'm leaving for seven weeks, and I won't be able to see them. So goes life and ministry. I felt empowered and independent tonight. I didn't feel like the weird outsider either. Finally, a church that really practices what it preaches. There really is a sense of an authentic community that welcomes and doesn't exclude, and I love it. I think I'm on the way to feeling right at home there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home