EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Another Summer Coming My Way

I'm off for another summer of M-Fuge in the morning. My flight leaves Waco at 6:55. The nervous energy I get at camp seems to have started already. Who knows if I'll actually sleep tonight. Last year, when we were doing camp in B-ham, I barely slept at all. Maybe it's me putting lots of pressure on myself because of all the responsibility I have. With such a small staff, many who have never worked fuge before, I feel like so much of the success of camp is on my shoulders and Toph's. He my partner (camp pastor)for the summer who goes to Truett. He's a great guy. We'll have a fab time.

I've been disappointed in my writing this week. Nothing seems to be very meaty. As I was going to bed last night, I thought about a million things to write about. Everything seemed to personal to put on the internet. There are so many things I need to do right now it seems impossible to focus. Last week, things just flowed. I could hardly stop writing. This week I feel as though I've had to force myself.

This will probably be my last post for a while. I'm not sure how much blogging will happen over the summer. It's hard to find time for things like that. I will sincerely miss these little confessionals.

I long to leave you with something phenomenal, but I'm afraid I've got nothing. If you're reading this, just pray that I will learn to rely on the love God has for me this summer. The thing I need more than any other is to simply trust that God is working in me and through me, even in the midst of the millions of little details of camp.

Farewell for now friends. Thanks for being here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home