EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Best Summer Ever

Oh my gosh, I forgot what blogger looks like. Ha! Honestly I just remembered my password.


So, my first summer of camp as a full time staff person is under my belt. It's been exhausting but completely rewarding. Things wrapped up on Friday with our last day of Urban Camp. This is when we take our 5-9 graders to Camp Bridgeport for a stressless week of fun away from the city. I've done lots of camps, but right now this feels like the best one ever. For one, our kids are so thrilled to be there, they really don't complain about anything. For many of them, it truly is the highlight of their year- the only time they can go fishing, the most time they can spend in the great outdoors, and the only time when many of them can have as much food as they want at every meal time. Spending a week with our kids and interns in a place like that made me realize just how important our ministry is. Here are a few pics. I'll share more as soon as the interns put them on facebook.



This is DK, aka Darrell King, one of my favorite personalities of the summer.





























This giant slip n slide was a camp favorite.


Boys pool time!






A few of our amazing interns!














Our last worship service.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there--I have a good friend who use to always do camp bridgeport...that's where she met er husband. how are ya?

1:33 PM  
Blogger april. said...

finally a post!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home