EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shout out P. Dodd and other news

I told Patrick I would give him a shout out on the blog back in February, and I always forget even though he reminds me every time I see him. So here's your shout out, pal.

In recent Janalee news, I signed a lease at the Village on Friday. I can move in this weekend, but since I have to finish school and all, I'll move things slowly over the next few weekends. The official leave Waco live in Dallas day will be sometime between May 12-16. If anyone wants to go to Dallas between now and then, let me know. You can sleep on my newly carpeted floor.

My mom came for a visit this weekend. We spent some time in Dallas on Friday, goofed around in Waco on Saturday, and on Sunday we went to UBC and served Easter lunch for some of my pals. It was a good time. She bought me pots and pans, a vacuum cleaner, a microwave, and other necessities for the apartment. My mom is great. I was sad to see her go home.

School is quickly coming to a close, and I am very excited about that. I will have my last days in a classroom next week. That is CRAZY! I mean, I've been in school for 20 years. It will be weird not to go anymore. I can hardly imagine life after formal education.

There is no August graduation at Truett, so it looks like I'll be seeing a lot of Waco in December with Kelly's wedding and graduation in the same month. Seeing a lot of Waco is never a bad thing. :)

Things are actually kind of busy at work right now. I'm helping some Baylor students plan Waco's global night commute for the Invisible Children. Go to www.invisblechildren.com or www.myspace.com/icwaco for more details. It's gonna be a fun time, and hopefully it will bring some national attention to the situation in Uganda.

Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

the ic night will be wonderful.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

yeah, that's so exciting. and we're doing the commute down here too!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home