EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, March 31, 2006

Another Exciting Truett Chapel Coming Your Way...

This Tuesday, we are going to do experiential worship in the Great Hall. For those of you who don't know what that means, it's a worship service where you go to different stations for different worship exercises, like communion, confession, and intercessory prayer, instead of listening to someone preach for 20 minutes. (Not that preaching is bad. I happen to like preaching very much.) Josh, Adam, and I met with Eric, this semester's student chapel leader, to plan out our different stations. I am excited about this. It will be interesting to see how our seminary community reacts to this. If you are free you should definitely come by and check it out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

Oh, the life of a seminary student! I so do not miss that AT all! (Well, maybe a little...but not enough to go back right now!)

So, cool idea. We actually talked about that in our last leadership meeting at church, and are planning a similar experience in the future. I'll be interested in hearing how that turns out. Right now we are just offering different kinds of way to respond in worship at the end of our service. You can sing, journal, go to our back wall (the "worker" wall) and intercede for our members around the world, present your tithe and offerings in the box in the back, kneel at your seat or at the alter, pray with friends, etc, etc...It's going over very well with our church.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your feedback after this chapel service!

Hope all is well! Glad I found your blog!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Sam Davidson said...

I try to swing by.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Candace Shaw said...

i'm very intrigued by this chapel. I love this kind of stuff. If I can manage to leave my house by 7:30 I"ll be there.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home