EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, March 10, 2006

Just for the Record...

I just scrolled few my last few posts, and boy do I look like a CCM subscriber. There's all the SCC business, a post named after a favorite Rich Mullins/Cademon's Call song, and a shout out to Andrew Peterson, who I love. Recently, my life has been inundated with Christian music. I feel uncool, and I am embarrassed by the insecurity that causes me to care what others think. That music was an important part of my past. Sometimes I still enjoy it, but I'm just afraid that you'll think I'm Hillary Faye (the main character from the movie, Saved).

So to set the record straight...
1. I listened to Kanye West, Bon Jovi, and Ryan Adams on my way to work this morning.
2. I'm planning on seeing a PG-13 movie this weekend.
3. I no longer own any witness wear, and I am slowly but surely getting rid of my d-now t-shirts.
4. I don't go to a church that does interpretive movement or hand motions to songs. (Except for the Hey! in Undignified)
5. I no longer aspire to be Skip the cool youth minister.
6. I now despise the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye.
7. Harry Potter is not from Satan. I perfer those books over the The Left Behind series.
8. Toby Mac is no longer my celebrity crush.
9. I stopped boycotting Disney in 1998.
10. I no longer carry tracts on my person at all times. I can't even remember the last time I saw one of those.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Janalee, I like this post. I'm officially subscribing to your blog (or putting a link to it on my own) if that's okay with you.

I went to the Crowder/Third Day show over the weekend...this was the first Christian-esque concert I'd been to in about six years. I forgot how much I liked it and how much this music has shaped my life. Funny how that works.

Nice post. Bon week-end.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sam Davidson said...

I'll take any unused tracts you have. I can really use them. Thanks.

6:53 PM  
Blogger D.R. said...

Interesting post Janalee. I would love to discuss it with you, but I am still waiting for a response to the email I sent you. When you get a chance write me back.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hate-Celebrate! ...and thanks for the message from SCC...you know I loved it!
Adrienne

9:24 PM  
Blogger greenISgood said...

Funny stuff J. I was LMFHO. But PULHEEZ make an exception for me and let me call you "Skip" - if only in "Mark Class"?

Oh and "I'M FULLUV CHRIST'S LOVE!"

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home