EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Excitement, my long lost friend

I got an exciting phone call yesterday. I am going to be mentoring at Journey, an amazing community in Dallas with an incredible pastor named Danielle Shroyer! I'm pumped. It's so good to be excited about something again. It makes me feel more like myself. I've always been the five year old kid who lived for cartoons on Saturday morning, except cartoons turned into summer camps, dates, lovefeasts, 80's proms, etc. I haven't felt that way about anything since October. Not even getting a new car. It's almost like Danielle's phone call woke me up from something.

It's a strange transitional moment. It's my last year of school ever, and personally, it's by far been the hardest. Another year of school to... well not, get back to my old self, but to adjust in a familiar environment would have been nice. Instead, it's learning to be whoever I am now in a totally new place in the real world. I've dreaded graduation and anything that would take me out of Waco and away from UBC. I knew that was not good. I wanted to feel the freedom and drive to carry this "Love God, Embrace Beauty" revolution wherever life takes me, but how do you leave people you love who are hurting when you still love them and hurt so much? I still don't know the answer to that, but I know I need to graduate. I know I cannot put dreams on hold. I know Journey is a community not isolated from this pain. They are fellow revolutionaries, kindred spirits of sorts. I can't imagine being with anyone else. I can't wait to learn and grow with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candace Shaw said...

I'm so excited you are getting this opportunity. I know the unknown is a little scary though. I'm so glad I got to talk to you last Friday and then see you again last night. I needed some Janalee time. I think you are amazing.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

yay! congrats! I love you Janalee :)

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home