EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Yeah, I'm still here

Just a note to let everyone know that life is busy, but still good. My new job at Baylor is going well. I work with some really great folks. Classes are pretty good so far, and I'm not really feeling stressed about anything but Hebrew. I'm leading Sunday School again at good old UBC, and we've had record breaking crowds the past few weeks. It's really exciting, but I don't get to see the people I know and love as much. The first phase of renovation to our building is complete and it looks animism!

I made new friends today. Their names are Brad and Kurt. They go to school with us and live in Raintree, and they came to eat lunch with the girls and me. While at the grocery store immediately following church, my car completely died. At the dinner table Brad offered to jump off my battery. I told him that I didn't want to put him to work on the first day of our friendship but he insisted. Giving me a boost didn't help the poor Olds led to putting in a whole new battery and two hours later he was sweaty and black and I could not be thankful enough. I've definitely been blessed with some wonderful new neighbors, and I look forward to hanging out with them more.

The only really sad thing going on right now is the massive hurricane approaching the Gulf Coast. Josh's parents left town, and they never leave for storms. It's scary. I could tell Josh was worried, so I brought him some cheesecake. No one can get over the size of the thing. It's very troublesome, but I'm thankful that they are out of harms way. Most of Mississippi looks like it's going to see some nasty weather, so please remember my homeland over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home