EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, January 24, 2005

...So little time

This is one of those seasons in life where there are so many things I want to process through writing, yet there is little time in my long day to do so. I'm really sad about it. You would think that since I've succomb to the wireless internet craze there would be more time for things like... oh, say, blogging. But you'd be wrong. With an 8 am class, lots of reading and my exegesis for Scriptures III, I 've never felt like going so insane at the beginning of the semester.

D'Now at FBC Clinton was the past weekend. The church flew me in for my 7th consecutive D'Now. I had 27 eighth grade girls. They were great. Being back at FBC, where I was an intern for two years, is always great because I get to see so many people who I really love. It was a litle weird this time. The people are my kind of people, and I will always adore them. The metality, approach to ministry and evangelism, and theology of the world I used to be so wrapped up in really doesn't seem to fit me anymore. I love that church because I love the people, who are the church, but I don't think I could ever work there. There were times when I felt like I was trapped in the movie Saved. I feel so judgmental having that type of attitude, but that's the way I feel. I've tried telling myself that people don't have to like to worship or think in the same way that I do to authentically practice their faith. Sometimes I just believe there are better ways to experience God, make disciples, and share the gospel with people than the ways I saw
growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home