EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, May 31, 2004

We're Going Public With This

So I'm a little afraid now that I know people might be reading this. Please click on the comments button to offer any feedback. I was thinking people might think the name of my blog is stupid. It's okay if you do. I agree it's a little quirky, so I'll give you a little more background. When driving home to Mississippi from Texas, I stopped to grab lunch at Cracker Barrel in Texarkana. (Shout out to my roommate, the Bainer!) I was thinking about how much I like that restaurant. That week I was reading this great book called Blue Like Jazz. It could be the most honest book I've ever read. In fact, it's probably what inspired me to start writing. As I was chowing down on my meat loaf, I was thinking, 'If I ever write a book, I should call it Confessions of an Unlikely Cracker Barrel Junkie'. Again I will admit this is cheesy, but it's also kind of fun. Since I'll probably never write a book, I thought I might as well use the name for this blog. Hope it doesn't scare people off. It has that flare of country yet it also sounds a little distrustful and slightly beyond all that is country. I think that describes a bit of who I am. People in Texas think I'm as country as it gets. People in Kossuth think that I've become a city girl, and they can't understand why. I'm not sure that I'm either town nor country. Maybe I'm suburbia. I would like to own a Volvo station wagon to haul my kids to soccer practice in one day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home