EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Friday, May 28, 2004

Where I am Now

It has come to my attention that I haven't really written anything that seems very important since I've created this blog. While I don't want to revert to my former life of legailsm by laying out strict rules for myself about blogging, I do want to talk about God, family, faith, relationships- all that is really important in life.

I don't really know where to start other than where I'm at right now. Where I'm at is transition. First, there are a lot of things about my faith in Christ that are transition from my head to my heart. During my first year of seminary, I've learned enough to make a simpleton's head explode.(Being a simpleton myself, I guess I'm pretty lucky.) The most important lesson I am learning is that God really likes me just the way I am. (just like Collin Firth in Bridget Jones Diary)So much of my life has been wrapped up in trying to be this perfect little Christian, but the fact is that I'm not and I'll never be. I'm learning that I can be exactly who I am, and not always have to apologize for it. Now I can revel in the fact that Jesus intensely, tenderly, and passionately loves an insecure, loud, overweight, and shallow-minded little country girl like me. Jesus loves me this I am learning. It is moving from a cliche ingrained in my brain since birth to a place in my soul that is changing me.

That's the first and most important transition. I'm pretty tired, so I'll tell you about the rest tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home