EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Monday, June 05, 2006

Crushes

Thursday, some girlfriends and I were having a conversation about crushes. I have two kinds of crushes. The first and much less serious ones are on boys who smell good, look good, and make me giggle. I never fall hard for these guys. They are usually too good looking to be trusted. By that I mean that there are about a million other girls who they could choose, most of whom are much prettier than me. Very similar to a celebrity crush. The second kind happens almost in a split second, and boy are they stubborn. These are the guys who are genuinely good and kind and you know it from the first time you meet them, and I average at least a year on a boy like that. Seriously. It's happened to me about four times. Once in high school, twice in college, and once more in seminary. Sometimes you just know some is amazing from your first encounter. I've never been hoodwinked. All those fellas have turned out to be even more phenomenial than I expected, although they never crush back. That's the part that sucks. I really don't know why I am writing about this, but I've just been thinking about it. No Dallas crushes yet, except maybe the boy who sold me furniture, but I'll never see him again. That was a type A crush though. Those really don't count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home