EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tales from the City

Okay, I figured it was time for something a little lighter. Here are some random and funny things that have happened since I moved to the city.

  • Today I met a girl named Pepsi. Yes, just like the cola.
  • I've become a fan of King of the Hill. I've always resisted because of the cliches, but it's so funny. They just referenced Waco, and there are characters on the show that completely remind me of people I know. And just between you and me, sometimes it's good to hear the accents.
  • I am officially a temp. Isn't that crazy? I went for an interview in a really tall building today. Taller than any in Corinth or Waco. Sometimes I'm just in awe of this place.
  • IKEA is absolutely the most overwhelming, but you've got to hand it to those Sweds. They know how to keep their prices down.
  • I've been furniture shopping for the past several days, and I still haven't bought anything. I'm getting frustrated. My television is sitting on a rubbermaid tub, and my dvd's are all over the floor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for temping and big huge yay for IKEA. It'll change your life. Here's to the city, friend :-)

6:09 PM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

IKEA rulz.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home