EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Thursday, February 02, 2006

More Guys who Remind Me Guys Don't Suck


"Roy" Drew Dabbs- You are my oldest friend in Waco. You make me proud to be from Mississippi. You and your righteous mac and cheese are too precious. I know we will always stay in touch.










Adam- You Hortons just make me smile. Everyone likes y'all, and it's easy to see why. It's so great to have someone like-minded in my classes. I'm glad to be in two circles of friends with you.















Ben- I've said it a million times. You Dudleys are my favorite people in Waco. Sometimes, I wish Matt Bates was older and more my type so I could marry into your family, and we could spend all holidays together. Seriously though, if trials prove your character, you are hands down one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I could not be more proud of you.












Blair- I shed a tear the first time I saw this picture. Sometimes in seminary, we talk about "lay people". We would probably never use such a word at UBC, but when I hear it, I think to myself "Blair Browning is about the best one I know." You are a gem, and I am so glad that you and your family are a part of my church family.








Craig- (In case you don't know, he's the hottie in the middle. Wink. We need more pics of you.) Ever since the first time I saw you pick up a Lake child, I knew you could teach the world a thing or two about love. Your heart is pure gold. As much as you love UBC, I think we love you just as much.





Tom- (we need more pictures of you too.) Could you be any nicer if you tried? I think not. These past few months have sucked, but one of the bright spots has been getting to know you and Beth. I really mean that.





Sam- I appreciate your friendship. I really do. I have loved watching you and Lynnette fall in love and grow and change together. And who would have thought I would have even spoken to you after that summer? You must send me an advanced copy of your book. Looking forward to chillin' with you in Hotlanta.








Chris- My closet blog reader. You gotta love a guy who will only post pictures of himself and celebs on his facebook profile. The Nature Boy sure does have a great tan! Anyways, I enjoy seeing your face around Waco and reminiscing about the sweet home Mississippi. You are a classy dude. You ought to come around more often.


Myles- So, I know were not best friends or anything, but I know you drop by from time to time. You definitely don't make me think guys suck. I'm actually quite fond of you, and I really love this picture. I hope you forgive me for yelling at you at Coco's when you couldn't remember my name. I want to kick myself when I think about that. I was just hurt that someone as cool as you didn't know who I was, but that is in our past. I hope we bump into each other soon!

The more and more I think of you fellas, the more I know that guys don't really suck. People just do sucky things, and females, especially me, aren't exempt from that. Sometimes life happens and death is a part of that. That's not your fault. Sometimes it takes longer than you hoped to meet someone who is right for you. Nobody's fault. From here on out, I hope to remember this list whenever I want to hate on men. Because when you get down to it, I don't hate anything about any of you. When I think about y'all, I know I am not abandoned, but I am loved.

Let me know if I left anyone out. I'm feeling awfully generous with the gush today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Thank you so much Janalee, that means the world.

9:25 AM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

i'll echo craig. this really means a lot. for the record, we guys mostly do suck, but we don't mean it. we need to hang out.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

if i were a guy...wait, a sentence should never start out like that..but seriously, my breakfast burrito twin, you are awesome and deserve nothing but the best :)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home