EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Sunday, April 10, 2005

My First Blog Series... I Hope It's not too Controversial

Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless--that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing. 1 Peter 3: 8-9

This was part of our sermon today, and it was so timely for me. I have been challenged by a particular friend lately as to my personal theological viewpoints as well as those of my seminary and the Emerging Church. I don’t know that I can exactly speak for everyone in those last two groups, but I should by all means be able to speak for myself. Rather than retaliate against certain denominations or theological camps, I would simply like to write about the kind of Church I dream about, and hope to one day be a part of. I want to do this in a way that honors Christ above all. So that is what I’d like to talk about in my next few posts. I hope it will bless all those who read it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound too controversial to me - let's hear it, girl. Maybe I can learn a thing or two ... or three or four.

9:35 AM  
Blogger lynnette said...

i keep waiting for the controversy...are you in the midst of papers and preparation for finals?

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am looking forward to reading your blog in the forthcoming weeks. I wish I knew who challenged our seminary's theological viewpoints, too. It's so hard to get people to understand that blanket statements like, "Truett is a liberal seminary,etc." is so unfair. PS: I'm glad Janalee Shadburn is my friend. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Janalee said...

um, anonymous I'm sure I'm glad to have you as a friend too, but I'm not sure who you are exactly. I sure would love to know!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home