EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Thursday, October 28, 2004

My New Low Carb Life

Well, I must admit there are some elephants in my closet that I haven't shared on the blogosphere. Due to certain circumstances, the other elephant in my closet I have not shared, I have come to grips with the fact that I won't be eating out as much lately. Therefore, I have decided to make some lifestyle changes. Like all too many Americans, I have jumped on the Atkins bandwagon. My days now consist of counting carbs and cooking meals. I've been losing about a pound a day which is an awesome feeling! I am a little lethargic however. Tonight I need to be studying some Greek, but I am so tired that I can only watch survivor. Otherwise, I'm doing great. I think my appetite has actually shrunk which is a really really good thing. I don't even think I've been seriously tempted to cheat. It's great to think that this might actually work for me. The first phase of Atkins, which last for two weeks, is called induction, and it is by far the most strict- twenty carbs a day, with no bread, no fruit, no sugar and no caffeine. Yes, I am taking a multi-vitamin. So wish me luck friends. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but you could be seeing a noticeably thinner Janalee in the weeks and months to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home