EVER THE ROAD GOES ON

Living the questions and trying to think theologically... and practically. Learning that these things are more synonymous than I once thought.

Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tid Bits due to the Lack of Substance

I'm sad that the free time I've had this summer has not spurred me to blog more. There's not one thing (at present) that I have lots and lots to rant about, so I'll just let you in on a few of the things that have been on my mind lately.

- Today was my last day of Greek class ever! Translating Philippians with one Todd Still was an all together bearable experience. I can almost quote to you a literal translation of the whole book, but please don't ask me too. Dr. Still is the most pleasantly academic man I've ever had the honor of knowing. His vocabulary is the most expansive I've ever encountered. He's well read and well published and soon he'll be coming out with his own commentary of Philippians. Isn't that something? There's not an ounce of arrogance in him, which is rare for truly academic people and that has been absolutely refreshing.

- My new love in life, thanks to one Grayson Goodman, is the watermelon slush from Sonic. Experience one for yourself. It will make your entire summer! Well, that's probably an overstatement, but they are dang good.

-I'm leaving for the CBF General Assembly in the morning.Maybe I'll get fodder for blogging there. It'll be good to get out of town for a few days before the second term starts. The assembly is in Grapevine at the Gaylord Center, right next to the Grapevine Mills mall. That should be fun. I'm also going to hang out with my family there which will be really nice.

- I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other night, and for what it is, an action/romantic comedy, it's really good.

Hope all is well with you my friends. Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam Davidson said...

Have fun at the CBF meeting! Glad to hear you ire for the mistreatment of women - a cause worth championing and difference worth making!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Vernon Bowen said...

May I remind that if it weren't for my cheapness leading me to buy everyone .99 Route 44 drinks the other night, and our drinks absolutely sucking thanks to high schoolers who obviously can't even pay attention during their orientation to working at Sonic, you never would have tasted Grayson's slush. ... You're right, I'm still ticked my drinks were flat.
Get some more fodder, and have a great trip.

2:03 PM  
Blogger lynnette said...

remember when i gave you a hard time that summer in st. louis about the treatment of women in church and in the world?

:)

i'm currently reading "the dance of the dissident daughter" - by sue monk kidd, a former southern baptist who had an awakening in her life. you might want to check it out.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your blog through surfing. . please ontinue to blog on the subject of women in ministry. in is crucial dialogue.

http://godzgirl.squarespace.com

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home